* adapted from October 2014 Alive Ingredients: • 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced • 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped • 1 lb. ground turkey • 1 large onion chopped • 2 garlic cloves, minced • 1 T. ground rosemary • 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce • 1/4 tsp. salt • 1/4 tsp. black pepper • 1 cup frozen peas • 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms • 1/4 cup chopped parsley • 3 T. butter • 1/2 cup chicken or turkey stock
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Peel and chop sweet potatoes and steam until very tender, about 10 minutes. Set aside but keep warm. Save 1 cup of the cooking water.
3. Meanwhile, chop carrots, onion, garlic, and mushrooms, sauté lightly on stove for about 3 minutes. Set aside in a bowl, along with parsley, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, salt and pepper. Stir in raw turkey, frozen green peas, 1/2 cup chicken stock, and parsley. Place mixture in a casserole pan.
4. Place turkey mixture in casserole dish in hot oven with a lid and cook until vegetables are tender - about 40 minutes.
5. Mash the sweet potatoes, using 1/2 cup of the leftover cooking water, and 3 T. butter. Set aside.
6. Take out of oven, spread mashed potato mixture on top and broil on high for 5 minutes or until the top is bubbling hot. Serve!